How do we promote British Values at Marden Vale?
- Democracy is an important part of our whole school values
- We elect our school councillors, head boy and head girl and house captains
- Debates and discussions in assemblies and in classrooms
Rule of law
- Our high expectations for behaviour are set out in our behaviour policy
- One of our core values is respect
- Through our assemblies and other activities we encourage our children to behave respectfully. We seek to develop a strong sense of morality in school
- Participation in citizenship opportunities such as cycling proficiency
- Through discussion of the values of aspiration and responsibility we encourage all of our children to make the most of opportunities and to follow their interests and passions.
- Children are taught to keep themselves safe in assemblies and workshops delivered by outside agencies such as the NSPCC.
- Open classroom mornings and sharing assemblies are used to celebrate effort and achievement
- Clear and concise behaviour and anti-bullying policies are in place and understood by the children and all stakeholders
- A range of extra-curricular clubs are offered
Mutual respect and tolerance of other faiths
- Diversity is a core school value
- Children are taught about rights and responsibilities during whole school assemblies.